The performance captured in this video was inspired by the online conversation’s generated in response to Sally Barker’s Nipple flowers, stitching stone post. Within this conversation Frances Earnshaw recounts the story of Stone Soup. Here then is the Stone Soup that I promised to make for her;
- 2 handfuls of stones collected from the river beach at Devils Bridge, Kirkby Lonsdale, Lancashire
- 1 pint of British Whole Milk (organic supermarket milk, source unknown)
- Wash the stones well with water.
- Dry the stones.
- Place the stones in a large saucepan.
- Pour on top the milk.
- Heat the milk and stones and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Carefully ladle into soup bowls and serve immediately.